Tuesday 24 October 2017

Sepia Saturday 391 : 28th October 2017


Our theme image this week features a troop of majorettes marching through the streets of Rotherham in South Yorkshire. They were, in fact, taking part in the Yorkshire Miners' Gala parade in the early 1980s, and - suitably for the time and the event - they were marching past Rotherham Conservative Club! I have no idea what you are going to make of this as a theme - but street parades, uniforms and galas come to mind. Whatever you go with, simply post your post on or around Saturday 28th October and add a link to the list below.

Next weekend is suitably close to Halloween and therefore we have a topical theme. The weekend after we have a photographer on his travels with a rather large camera. I will be on my travels over the next few weeks - hopefully my camera will be easier to pack than this one!





6 comments:

Kristin said...

"Marching with the Band" My cousin as a 5 year old junior majorette with the Cook High School in Athens TN. 1953.

tony said...

A Parade in a Tin Bath!

Molly's Canopy said...

Ballroom bands take center stage in this week's post about Uncle John Stoutner's school of dance.

JohnF said...

Finally got here again.

Mike Brubaker said...

This theme was hard just because I have lots of photos that would work. I've chosen to follow the drum major idea, but without the fur hats. Musical of course.

Barbara Rogers said...

The pioneers of my ancestors who signed a petition for protection of the state of NC from the Indians...no marching women this time.